Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reflection on Life



I was sitting here trying to figure out why I was feeling kind of "weird" today. I've been home cleaning all day long. I haven't wanted to get out and drive anywhere. I looked at the calendar (and had to ask Mom) and realized what day it was. It is July 16th. What is the significance of this date? Well, 23 years ago my two youngest brothers and I were in a MAJOR car accident and nearly lost our lives.

Doug (8) and Phil (6) and I (16) were on our way back home from visiting Mom at work at UPS and then from the video store. We were making a left hand turn at the corner of 2200 West and 4700 South. The light turned red and I proceeded to make the left hand turn. Coming straight toward us was a dump truck that ran the red light. The car I was driving, a tiny Plymouth Horizon, was hit on the front passenger side. How we survived I do not know! Even the police officers that investigated the accident had no logical reason why we were able to survive that accident.
I love you Doug & Phil!!! We are very, very, very blessed to still be alive after what we went through 23 years ago today!!!

2 comments:

Maria Ison said...

Didn't that happen right in front of a 7-11 or something? I obviously don't remember this happening but my parents did mention it to me when I was older. You truly are blessed. Someone was definitely looking out for you on that day. <3

Misty said...

I'm glad that everything turned out alright too! Obviously Heavenly Father had other plans for you guys (which I am very grateful for - I can't imagine being married to anyone other than Doug). I also wanted you to know that Doug did read your e-mail & blog. I don't know if he will e-mail you back or not, but he was touched.