Friday, May 23, 2008

Decorating the graves



Grandma, Zac and I went out today (Friday) to put flowers on lots of different graves. We wanted to beat the Memorial Day rush. We had a very nice time! We went to Taylorsville Cemetery, Murray Cemetery and then Valley View Cemetery. Zac and I learned how to clean up the headstones and anchor flower pots to the graves. Zac walked around the cemetery to find flowers that had blown over and set them right on the graves. He also had a great time collecting pinecones. It was kind of freaky when Grandma stood on her half of the headstone at Grandpa Mackay's grave. I told her it would be a long, long time before we have to come visit her there!!!

1 comment:

Maria Ison said...

I don't think I like the looks of grandma standing on her half of the headstone. =(