Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008!!!


Where did December go? I can't believe it is the end of the month and more especially the end of the year. I guess we better get ready to start a new year. Ready or not . . . here it comes!!!

Our family had a great Christmas! The kids were spoiled rotten! Jason and I broke down and bought a Wii for the family. We got Aerosmith Guitar Hero, Mario Kart, Wii Sport, Wii Play and Wii Fit. The kids have had a great time with it! Jason and I were forced to play a couple of the games tonight since we hadn't played before. We bowled one game, played a few games of tennis and then did a round of boxing. Yes, Jason beat me in all three games, but we had fun! I can't believe I am sweating after playing video games!!!

We have had a great 2008 and look forward to an even greater 2009! I have been thinking of some New Year's Resolutions for myself. The first thingI am going to work on is to get my Diabetes under control. I was officially diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes a few weeks ago. I was started on Metformin. I will be going to Diabetic Counseling at the hospital next week. I am actually looking forward to it because I want to feel better. I will actually learn what I need to do and what I need to eat so that I can keep my sugars under control. Today makes it one year that I started working out at Curves. I can't say that I've lost much weight, but I have lost a lot of inches and I am stronger and feel better. I am going to stick with Curves again this coming year. I just need to be better at attending 3 times or more a week. I also am making a goal that I will be more organized this year. I will work at decluttering my house.

This year we have a lot of things to look forward to . . .
* Megan turning 16, driving and dating :0
* Amanda taking a trip to France this summer
* Zac starting Kindergarten
* Lexi turning 12 and going to young womens
* Kristen turning 9 and knowing everything there is to know about everything (yes, she is right behind me reading over my shoulder)
* Jason getting a 1% raise - hee hee
* Me getting smaller and healthier
* Mocha (the Stud) getting a date or two

Those are just a few things we have coming up this year.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

I am so glad you had a nice Christmas. Thanks for your comments on my blog. We do need to have a girls night out VERY SOON! Let's plan it. It sounds like you have some wonderful things coming up in the New Year, although Megan 16???? That is scary. :)